- 150g (5oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) golden caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75g (3oz) Dark Chocolate, chopped
- grated zest of two oranges
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- extra golden caster sugar to decorate
Preheat oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas 4 and grease a baking sheet.
Cream the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy, then mix in the flour and baking powder.
Add the rest of the ingredients until it is a smooth and stiff paste, then roll out and cut to shape. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
Bake for 12-15 mins until biscuits begin to colour then remove from oven and cool for at least 5 mins so that the biscuit firms.
I tend to use FairTrade ingredients in this and the previous recipe, plus any other I can. Have a go and make a difference in the world!