In order to achieve my goals (see previous chapter), I hereby promise to do my best to:
Dance and Fitness
- stretch at least four evenings a week
- practice turns and ballet steps and ask Jenny for help
- do core strength exercises like planks at least twice a week, preferably more
- work on turnout using safe exercises
- every time I practise, practise for a little longer to improve stamina.
- stick with editing even when I don't feel like it
- be more proactive and actually enter competitions, instead of just thinking about it
- send out query letters for the first few months of the year; if not even a nibble, investigate getting an editor and then going indie
- be proactive, enter competitions, get in anthologies with SD, work on St Mallory's Forever so it can come out, etc.
- read at least three books a week: one YA book (trad or indie), one adult book / classic (trad or indie), and one indie book (YA, adult or anthology)
- increase level of practising for both instruments, which may require giving them priority over writing or computer.
- give revision higher priority
- go to bed earlier
- keep my room tidier
And Another Thing...
- I also promise to make videos and write blog posts as regularly as can be fitted into my schedule, to post on Protagonize whenever I have the time, as before, to be more patient.
- I also forbid myself to swear and will make a list of words I am allowed to say out loud, words I am not, words my characters are allowed to say, and words that are completely not allowed, so that there can be no grey area.