Let's see how I'm getting on with my resolutions.
- To try and read the Bible at least twice a week, no matter how much I don't feel like it.
- To get back into the habit of praying every night, even if it's just to say 'thank you' or 'sorry'.
- To help my friends when they're mourning or upset about something, without being cheesy or clichéd, or 'religious'.
now, I was pretty good at that one.
- To work out properly what I believe and stick to it.
- To not be ashamed of what I believe in!
yup, I can do that one.
This entire section is null and void as I left Irish dancing in March and am now concentrating entirely on ballet! However I am aiming to be reasonably proficient en pointe by the end of December - I start in September.
- To achieve the front splits
right leg only.
- To be able to put my hands flat on the ground with my legs straight
yep, most of the time.
- To be able to jog on the spot for five minutes without collapsing afterwards
now...not sure about that.
- To be able to balance on one leg with my hands on my head without wobbling
haven't tried. haven't read through these in a while!
Writing / Protagonize:
- To finish the second draft of 'Beneath the Branches', preferably by February.
- To work on a third and fourth draft of said novel, before giving it to my dad to read and critique
- To perfect 'Beneath the Branches' until it is the best it can possibly be.
no to these three, I've been working on other projects.
- To post at least two chapters of prose (poetry doesn't count) on Protagonize every day, without fail, unless I am on holiday
- To post at least one poem every week on Protagonize
- To read at least five chapters (of one work or of several different works) on Protagonize, preferably by an author that I don't often talk to.
- To comment on and rate at least three chapters every week.
well all four of these failed, as you may have noticed.
- To pluck up the courage to get my sister to read through my novel (since she's terrifying and not very supportive).
- To help my friends from school have the courage to write without worrying what people will think, and to give them honest critique.
- To practice giving feedback as well as writing myself.
I think I was all right at these. I could be better, though.
- To practice the piano regularly even when Dad can't give me lessons
- To pass my grade three piano with a Merit or more.
- To practice the flute at least four times a week.
- To pass my grade seven flute with full marks in my scales and a Merit or more overall.
I took the exam. no way I got full marks in scales, but I hope I got a merit or more.
- To practice the violin at least four times a week.
- To pass my grade seven violin with a Merit or more.
I hope so.
- To be a committed member of every music group I'm in and attend every rehearsal properly and to practice my music at home so that I am not struggling in rehearsals.
I think I managed that one.
- To balance school work with my hobbies and if necessary, give it priority over them.
- To achieve at least an A in each of my science modules (to be taken in January)
- To concentrate in Maths and French instead of messing around.
ummm, french maybe, but maths?
- To achieve at least an A in every exam I take before the end of this year, including my Maths and French GCSEs.
haven't got the results yet.
- To do all my Maths homework instead of saying I didn't have time.
- To do all short homeworks the night they're set, and to give longer ones priority at the weekend
- To try new foods.
- To go to bed earlier every night, even in the holidays or on weekends.
- To use my time wisely instead of wasting it on YouTube.
- To not annoy my parents but do what they tell me, instead of spending all my time reading in the bathroom!
- To save enough money to make a good contribution to my new flute, while leaving enough to buy myself a new phone and MP3 player, since they're coming to the end of their lives :'(
yeah, i did that one. the only one on this list though.
- To not lose my temper and be a less selfish person.
Well, that's a lot of resolutions that I completely forgot about or completely failed to do! I'll post another list in just a second, of things I'll do until the end of this year. Hopefully.