Note: Freezers will be dealt with sepertly.
container of hot soapy water
(optional) Cool bag/box
(optional) freezer blocks
1. switch unit off at the mains
2. remove all items from the unit and place in the cool bag or box with freezer blocks if nessisary.
3. remove all fixtures from the unit. such as shelves, and place to one side.
4. if unit has any frost on the inside, then place the container of hot water inside the unit untill the frost melts. Have towels at hand for exceptional ampunts of frost run-off.
5. once unit is frost free, comence with cleaning the inside of the unit with the hot soapy water untill clean. include inside of door and door seals.
6. use fresh hot water to rinse inside of unit.
7. use towles to make sure the unit is completly dry inside.
8. close door and switch back on at mains.
9. take shelves and other fixtures and wash in hot saopy water, rinsing with clean hot water and then dry throughterly before replacing in unit.
10. replace items in fridge, checking 'best before' dates or are still valid, and containers are clean with no breakages.
'best before' dates: Also 'use by' dates, these are dates marked on food that indicate when the manufacturer expects them to become unstuable for consumption.
Cool bag/ box: This is a reflective and/or insulating box or bag designed to keep food cool.
Freezer blocks: These are also designed to keep food cold