If you need an editor, this is the place to go to! Just post your work and it'll be edited and provided feedback.
I LOVE editing. It's always great to look over my work, see the mistakes, and perfect it even more. And I love editing for others, too. So if you're looking for someone to edit for you, your search is over! Just follow these simple steps:
- Jump to the last page, and add a new one. Make sure your title is like this: Submit: Title by Username. You can either post your draft or link it.
- If I have already edited your story, and you want to run it through me again, use Resubmit: Title by Username
- Provide information on your story! A brief character sheet or a summary of the plot would really help. If you don't have these, that's fine! But it would be a huge help to your story, if you write one out.
- After I edit & critique your story, I'll post it as Edit: Title by Username
I'm also able to edit through Google Docs, so if you have a draft there, you can just share it to me or send a link.
Some other stuff:
- Please try to edit your punctuation and spelling first. Just run it through a word doc or some other program that can check these things. It's a simple task that can save a lot of time for me.
- You WILL get feedback, both positive and negative. Please take into mind that I'm trying to help you and please try not to get offended. I understand that when you start writing you can get really defensive of your work, but feedback is the best way for you to improve.
- There's probably gonna be lots of changes, so I'll bold the parts I change and strikethrough the parts that I think should be removed. There's also gonna be lots of notes here and there. [They will be in this format when you get your edit.] I'm also gonna write lots feedback at the end too.
- If you can, please acknowledge me as your editor. It would really be appreciated!
- Also, I'm completely open to helping people on their collaborative novels, so leave me a message on my profile :)
Resources you can use to improve your writing:
There's much more here: http://referenceforwriters.tumblr.com/blogs