I request an opportunity to meet with you to review my salary. I feel that this is the appropriate time for a salary review because I have recently made a significant contribution to the company. I enjoy working here and would appreciate your advice on how to increase the reward for my contributions.
I was hired by you for my ability and experience in ....[review the reason they wanted you]I believe that an increase in my salary is now warranted
- I have successfully taken responsibility for all of the accounts receivable.
- My knowledge and skill in technology has allowed the company to not have you around as much. Employees become more comfortable with you not being here because I pick up the slack.
- I have demonstrated an ability take initiative by attending the seminar in Des Moines, which also offered a new outlook on things for the firm.
- I have taken initiative, for example with the tax letters. I am learning to write these on my own, and strive to do so.
- I have gone beyond the call of duty when asked to do complete the job of a graphic designer. I may have portrayed some annoyance with the fact I put in countless hours in on the project and did not meet the expectations of the requester. However, in the end the job was completed with great satisfaction.
- I work independently, keeping the cost of supervision to a minimum.
- My responsibilities have increased since I became a part of this company.
- I have demonstrated a commitment to the company.
I would like you to know that I view my future at the firm very positively. I want to continue to uphold my job duties and the expectations of the firm. I have been led to believe that you are satisfied with my work, so I am confident that you will want to sincerely consider my request.