Elyra listened while they explained it. Again. "This is going to be hard for you to believe," they had said. Darn right about that. Hard? It was impossible! She took a notebook from her pocket and wrote down what they said in bullet points. She would never be able to make sense of it otherwise.
What they had said was this:
- Elyra was dead in the future.
- However, this was the future because she had accidentally time travelled in her sleep.
- This in itself created a paradox because if she continued to live in the future she would not be able to die in the future, as she would be a different person.
- As, however, she had died, she must have got back somehow.
- The police had no idea how she did this, but it had to happen or history would change.
- Elyra had died with no visible wounds and no traces of poison.
- She was smiling when she died.
- No one knew who the murderer was and they couldn't work out what had killed her but she most definitely dead.
"So, why am I here? I can't exactly answer your questions!" she asked, looking over the list again and--still--coming to no conclusions.
"You know yourself better than anyone else, after all," pointed out the police officer. "You could give us some clues. Try and explain what you were doing there in the first place."
"What I was doing where?!" Elyra was quickly become frustrated.
"Oh, didn't we mention? The body was found in a dance studio."