No sooner had they arrived back at the other end of the street, or Titan’s cell phone started to ring. Titan quickly got off his board and answered the call. One of the officers had called him, and told him that there was a large fire in an apartment complex which was a few blocks away from where he was.
“Hey guys, I have to go back to work. I need to help out with a fire. Can you watch my skateboard for me?” Titan asked the boys.
“Sure, we’ll watch your board for you…” Jesse replied.
“Thanks… I’ll be right back!”
Then Titan pushed himself into the air and quickly disappearing over the horizon, leaving the four boys behind. All of Titan’s new friends stared at the sky as the mighty hero streaked over the DC skyline.
“Dude! What are you going to do with his board?” Erik asked Jesse.
“I’m gonna paint it. But, don’t tell him when he comes back. It’ll be a surprise!” he replied.
“What if he comes looking for it?” Nathan wondered. “What are we supposed to tell him?”
“Dude… This guy is really strong! You don’t want to rip off his skateboard!” Ethan added. “I wouldn’t mess with him if I were you!”
“Don’t worry… All you need to do is stall him… Trust me, it’ll be worth it!” Jesse replied.
“I don’t like this…” Ethan sighed.
“You don’t want to get a dude like Titan ticked off at you…” Erik added.
“Don’t worry, you guys… Just keep him busy! Ask him to show off his powers and stuff… Leave everything to me…” Jesse said, as he took Titan’s board under his arm and walked into the garage at his house, closing and locking the door behind him.
“Come on, you guys…” Ethan said. “Let’s go to my house… I’m getting thirsty…”
Ethan, Erik and Nathan then got on their boards and skated on to Ethan’s house. There, Ethan turned on the TV set, where they watched the news, hoping to catch a report on the fire which had broken out. Maybe they would see their hero in action on TV?
Moments later, and barely four miles away, Titan had landed at an apartment complex, where the room on the fifth floor had caught on fire due to an electrical short. The wiring was old and worn out, and a short had caused a flame to ignite, leading to the roof of the small room to catch on fire. The fire alarm in the building had gone off, and someone had called the police and the fire department had also been dispatched to the scene.