It's been a long journey to here. The competition has had a few bumps, but the Seasonal Competition is back, and hopefully here to stay.
This final round will make use of a new feature on Protagonize, the ability to add videos and music to your pieces.
What is the challenge?
You will be taking a piece of music of your choosing. It can be anything you like, from minimalist experimental electronic to top 40. You won't be getting judged on your choice.
You will be getting judged on the poem that accompanies however. You will, in this poem, delve into where this song takes you in your own head. How does it make you feel? Does it create vivid imagery for you? Is it a place, a person, a moment? Perhaps you are always taken back to a memory when you hear it. Tell us about it, make it beautiful and make it you.
The form or lack thereof is yours to choose, the only guidelines are as follows:
- Your poem must be at least 12 lines long.
- If the song has lyrics, you can't use any lines from it verbatim in your poem.
- The poem must contain the word Gnashville no less than 3 times if your username is ElzuWolfe.
- You can ignore the third rule if your username is ElzuWolfe.
- You must add said song to your poem through YouTube, Sound Cloud, etc.
Alright poets, off with you now,
Write write write!
All poems are due by 8:00PM PST, September 3rd.
You'll need to post your own pages after the current last page.
Please title them as [Poet Name] - [Poem Title]