I tried to find a poem of mine that had just twenty lines... AND I COULD NOT!!! I wrote this after searching for hours for a twenty line poem (as per the requirements) to enter a poetry contest.
1. I tried to find
2. A poem of mine
3. That had just twenty lines,
4. And I could not.
5. Because of your fool,
6. Unnecessary rule,
7. I even tried to write one too,
8. But became quite overwrought.
9. I cannot tell my story
10. Quite so shortly.
11. My words must flow free,
12. And you have taken that away.
13. You have put me in a box.
14. You have deprived me length of thought,
15. And made poetry something it is not.
16. What else can I say?
17. And so here I must sit,
18. Knowing something is amiss.
19. How can I write like this?
20. See what you have done?
21. Ha! You almost thought you won.