There is a stillness here,
the salty taste in the air is unforgettable.
Rocky fortresses tower tiny and tender,
each island like a fist.
The place is all awave with trees,
you'll hear a whisper in the leaves:
paddling in a forest.
(1) Anon., Attributed to Bashô
(2) Jeranger, Through the Woods (http://www.protagonize.com/poem/through-the-woods)
(3) LouisaJo, Looking for Mother of Pearl at Sunset (http://www.protagonize.com/poem/looking-for-mother-of-pearl-at-sunset)
(4) BasilWoodall, Island from the Air (http://www.protagonize.com/poem/my-archipelago)
(5) Kobayashi Issa
(6) Elizabeth Barrett Browning, An Island
(7) Eaten2MuchCake, A whisper in the settled leaves (http://www.protagonize.com/poem/a-whisper-in-the-settled-leaves)
(8) jamm,The Isle of Life (http://www.protagonize.com/poem/the-isle-of-life)