A sonnet I wrote my Freshman year.
- Do the doubts in thy mind cripple thy soul?
Oh, how the cynic in me cries release.
- Unanswerable questions of my goal
- That burden my mind to make me complete.
- Do I, alone, search these answers in vain?
- In solitude I walk a dead-end road
- With knowledge it msy just be a feign.
- I pray to silence for what I dont know.
- Woe, cries my spirit, to whom do I pray?
- Only silence echoes in the abyss.
- None of my questions to rest will I lay
- Trying to believe ignorance is bliss.
- Please open your eyes so that you can see
- No forces at work or powers that be.