New York meets Atlanta, meets Chicago, meets Metropolis. This is a city filled with heroes, villains, mythical creatures and your everyday man just trying to get by. Only the strong survive. Welcome to New Empire City.
Here is the premise:
New Empire City is a large metropolitan city, like NYC. Similarly to NYC, the town is broken up into boroughs.
Here is a little background on the boroughs:
•Imperaton- Is the largest borough in NEC. It's historic and known for its museums, art gallery's, restaurants, lavish penthouses, sporting arenas and as the business hub of the world. Many from across the globe flock to attend largest and most prestigious university in America, New Empire University. Many citizens from all over the city come to work here, but only the most affluent citizens of New Empire can afford to live in the apartments, townhomes and penthouses available in the glitz and glamour of the city.
•Principe - Is the largest island but known for its residential neighborhoods, hundreds of schools and St. Michael University. This is home to the upper-middle class populace of New Empire city. The populace only sees the struggles of the city in the news or online.
•Baronton - Is the Second largest island, it was once a manufacturing hub with many factories now dormant right next to thousands of apartment complexes. This is largely where the working class of New Empire resides. This neighborhood was once the site of much of the cities scientific advancements, but the recession caused many non-essential businesses, particularly those in the experimental sciences, to shut down. Baronton suffers from crime problems, largely due to its geographical location. It is the first stop on your way to or from Noble Island. The largely suburban borough has seen a lot of change. It is not the perfect picture of suburbia that it once was, but many residents hold fast to their ideals and their neighborhoods, fighting to keep their dreams of family, comfort, and safety alive.
•Noble Island - Is the smallest island. The name “Noble has come to be ironic, as it is the poorest, and least well kept borough in the city. The people who live in this area are only there because they cannot afford to be anywhere else. There isn’t much on the Island aside from Empire cities major prison complex and those crazy or poor enough to live around it.
- Portsville - This borough is recently added and modeled after The Bronx, New York. The admin has not yet provided details on this borough, so please use your prior knowledge, research and imagination to build this community. Background info from the admin is forthcoming.
Pick a neighborhood or situation to create your character.
You can be anything from cop, criminal, mad scientist, family man or woman trying to keep their family afloat, alien or superhero or villain.
1. Pick a character type or make one up. Please run these by me in the collaboration page - Just give a brief character bio, so we do not have too many repeat character types. Thanks!
2. You may flush out Empire City neighborhoods or areas but run it by me first in the collaboration discussion page
3. Citywide events could affect other writers and their characters so only admins of this writing group can create city-wide events. If you have one to add, please run it by me in the collaboration page -
4. Please do not use or borrow anyone’s character without their permission. Create your own adversaries, or borrow from the character bank (working on building this in the collaboration group -http://www.protagonize.com/group/collaborative-corner/topic/8759). Just make sure that you leave a message under each character you borrow in the collab group and say when you are using them so we can keep up with their place in the action and not let their characterizations get too mixed up. You may contribute a character to the bank with the admins approval as well
Adult content is fine so long as it remains tasteful;. This is a creative space, not story porn. We will respect each other, or this thread will be shut down. Keep your alone time fantasies to yourself and off of this thread!
- NO FAN FICTION!
You must add three branches at the end of whatever chapter you are writig in order for aother writer to add on. This is a neccesary step or our story will fall apart!
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF THE GROUP. FOR ANY AND ALL UPDATES, YOU GUESSED IT, SEE THE COLLABORATION GROUP! -