A brief list of things I have learned in life.
Seventeen Things I Have Learned
1. Everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find who is worth it.
2. All people are self-centered. Even you. No one cares more about anyone than themselves.
3. Have no inhibitions. You will spend the rest of your life wishing you had done what you were too afraid to do.
4. Arguing is futile. You can never convince someone to see things your way. They must learn themselves.
5. Look for good. Looking for the negative will only make you more so.
6. Grow up. Realize that you have to be mature sometimes.
7. Stay young. Also realize that you need to be twelve again on occasion. It’s good for your sanity.
8. Don’t try to please everyone. You will end up hating everyone, including yourself.
9. Love. Love anyone and everyone. Hating someone only hurts you.
10. Cry often. It’s okay to hurt.
11. Put forth your best effort. It is worth the reward.
12. Love yourself. You know what you need better than anyone.
13. Everything is beautiful. You just have to know what beauty is.
14. Life is meaningless. Don’t bother yourself with trying to explain why we are here. You will never, ever figure it out.
15. Someone, somewhere loves you. You may not know it, but they do.
16. Remember to breathe. Don’t forget to slow down sometimes and appreciate life. You will be surprised by the things you see when you take the time to notice.
17. Step out of your comfort zone. Don’t always do what you are used to doing. Change is good for you.