It is no secret that one genre of art can inspire another. In this exercise, your goal is to write a piece that is inspired by music.
It is no secret that one genre of art can inspire another. In this exercise, your goal is to write a piece that is inspired by music. Sit down and listen to your favourite song or simply wait for the song to find you. Pick lyrics that are important to you or choose an obscure song and make it your own. The possibilities are endless!
- There are no size restrictions
- Write a poem, a story, or your own lyrics
- A non-fiction story related to this exercise is completely acceptable
- Pieces comprised of multiple chapters are welcome
- Make sure you post the title and artist of the song
- The same song may be used multiple times
- All genres of music are acceptable, but be careful to avoid profanity
Type the song name and artist up top in italics and the work underneath. Like this:
Rufus Wainwright, Waiting for a Dream
This is the work inspired by the song.
Submit as many as you like and enjoy reading the interpretations of others. Most importantly, have fun!
NOTE: In the interest of obeying copyright laws, do not post lyrics. Post only the song title and the musician. Your fellow members can look up the lyrics online.