sometimes it's nice to modernize the story writing process and with the help of generators like these, it's simple to come up with the plot for any genre of story that you want while still being fun
1. http://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php Generate random words that you can use in a short story. Pick 5-10 words that you can commit to. They can be as obviously or as randomly connected as you want.
2. http://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/locationgens.htm Generate 1-3 random setting(s) that your short story will take place in. Again they can be as obviously or as randomly connected as you want.
3. http://writingexercises.co.uk/character.php Pick as many randomly created characters as you want to include in your short story.
4. Decide on how each aspect of the story is going to connect. You can choose whatever genre best suits the descriptions generated.
5. Start writing and have fun. When you're done, post it to your Protagonize and comment a link below.