What if a virus rendered the entire population of earth simultaneously immortal and sterile except for a single small town (that have barely enough population to be genetically viable for continuing the species)?
Things that could happen include:
- dying made illegal
- forced breeding camps
- small town suddenly a major political power
- children becoming a prized resource and kidnapped, etc by other countries
- racial issues
- pressure on gays/lesbians in town
- effects of immortality on politics, economy, property law, etc.
- elitism and self-preservation and the conflict between immortals and mortals.
- discovering cause of virus (terrorism/accident/aliens/god/whatever) and why.
- why was this one town immune? Can a cure be found from studying them and is a cure even desired?