101 Short Stories, 1001 Short Days is a writing challenge I set myself. My aim is to write a story a week, and hopefully succeed most of the time.
"101 Short Stories, 1001 Short Days is a writing challenge I set myself. My aim is to write a story a week, and hopefully succeed most of the time."
For those of you who haven't read my profile this challenge isn't specific to protag, if you want previews, book covers and a chat head on over to facebook and either add my writer profile: 'Onehundredandone Shortstories', or seek out my facebook page: '101 Short Stories. 1001 Short Days'.
The idea of this challenge is to get me writing, predominantly. I have a tendency to write lots in one week and then nothing for the rest of the month, so this seemed the perfect 'cure', teach myself to write all the time.
I am only human though, so in truth I also want:
- To get more readership,
- To receive critiques (bearing in mind everything you see here is a FIRST DRAFT, I don't have time in one week to edit - I need to leave stories to breath a bit first).
- To find nice little comments that make me feel warm and fuzzy.
- And specific to protag I'd really like some recs, but I'll have to earn those.
Yes I do:
- Take on challenges, prompts and requests.
- Try to reply to people who comment.
- Find it difficult to get into a short story sometimes.
- Work better when people keep pushing me, or if I have a deadline.
When I upload the weeks story:
- I upload when I finish. The last day of the writing week for me is Tuesday, so usually I either upload on Tuesday evening or Wednesday in the (not so early) morning.
Another little thing I do:
- On facebook I have a bit of a sponsorship system, basically that means that when someone likes the sound of a story they sponsor it for a small amount of money and their name is put on a thank you list. This is NOT obligatory in any way shape or form and is only doable through facebook or my (upcoming website), not through protag.